Air Conditioning

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily&Lucy

Good afternoon all,

Has anyone done a test as to which is more energy efficient, having a window unit or other single room unit for their chinchilla room or relying on your whole house air conditioner? I was just thinking about it today as this is the first month of the summer where we have consistently been in the 100s during the day and my engery bill is definitely feeling it (I'm slightly scared to see it and I have another four months of this). So it got me thinking as to what would be less expensive, in the long run.

When I lived in the Pacific Northwest, I just had a unit for my room as it was only really hot for maybe a total of a month and we didn't have air conditioning in the rest of the house. Now that I live in the desert... I of course have central air and my house isn't too big, (approx 1200 sq ft) but it is definitely seems like my energy bill will be much more than the apartment I lived in last summer.

Central air type can be nice. But i would keep a window unit as a back up jsut in case something ever happened to the CA.

If you can handle the heat then you can always keep the CA off and only use a unite in the chin room as well.

Latest posts

Back