Aggravation and Cages

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleNerdyOTAKU

She Who Tries Her Best
Hello there. :D

I've noticed when I close the cage and end 'play time' with one of the two chinchillas in my household, either of them get disappointed or aggravated with me and chew on the cage or stand at the door and hop around.

Should I feel bad and extend the play time a little longer( sometimes it's actually rather long and I need to get started on work or something) or should I let them calm down, which only takes 3-8 minutes?

They are always going to want a little longer playtime. Just let them calm themselves down. Like kids, give them an inch, they will take a mile.

lol, that's just another way of chins saying to us humans 'look how bratty i can be!'. as long as they are getting human interaction and have a big enough cage to bounce around in, they don't really need play time at all.

my Guss does the exact same thing whenever i'm near his cage and he's awake. Rhino, on the other hand, just stares at me with his 'one day i shall mind meld with you silly human' stare, lol.

Back