Again with the pregnancy watch!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemma

:(

So, with Irene coming into my area, I had to move into my parent's home which is much safer and more guarenteed to keep power for me and my chinchillas.

So I had to work Sat night, and I told my mom, and stressed to her how VERY important it was to maintain 70 in the house for my chinchillas. I have the greatest mother, because she was doing everything she could to make sure they were cool. I left for work to come home to one of the cages in the basement... with ALL three in the same cage.

We lost power, and I understand my mom was worried but she placed my male into the cage with the girls!! I had this worry before when PETCO told me I had all males.

Now, with the females mature, and my male definately mature... I expect babies. About 80% sure expecting with them being together for 8 hours. I just want to know how to prepare the girl's cage for the arrival of kits, because the last thing I want is dead kits nevermind kits at all!

I also live in the Central NJ area, if there is anyone (with experience) is willing to take in the kits (of course when their ready). I am extremely nervous right now.

Thank you for the help.

Read through the breeding FAQ's there are several threads with instructions on setting up cages.

if your looking for someone to adopt the chins, i'm always open to helping :) i live in north delaware, so i'm not too far. if you have any questions, feel free to PM me, and good luck! hope they're all healthy

Latest posts

Back