After play time

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madstronaut

My chinchilla is around 16-18 months old, had her for 11 months !
She always lays on her side after a good play session ! It makes me feel so happy, hehe.

Just wondering if she's playing to hard, or too much. Usually about 45min-60min of free roaming for her :) Thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/RP8N4An.jpg Here's a picture of her from todays play, her name is Momochi :)

My chinnies stay out an hour every night, usually they run around like loonys for half hour then i get a kiss off Lola and the both hide under the coffee table until the hour is up...I've had them out for an hour since i had them so now they pretty much know when its time and usually go in before i even say anything.

My boyfriend usually gives them a treat and then they both crash just like your chinnie does. Dotty usually sits on a cooling slab for about 15 mins :)

Momochi is very cute :D

Hello everybody, new to the forum as of today. My chin is 2 yrs and he does the same think if he feels comfortable and content after a good run around and we play tag. He will lay on his side just like your baby. It is good feeling for a mom to see this :)

my little Gizmo does the same thing! we've had him for just under 2 months (store told us that he was ~6 months old upon purchase) and we've made sure that he was offered free time at least once a night; his cage is low to the ground and we leave the door open so he's free to come & go as he pleases, and once he got in a routine he started coming out for a 20-30 minute session, run back in to eat/drink/powernap for a bit, then repeat if we allowed it. Each time he's out for a good spell, he jumps to his ledge with the chiller & 'goes flat' as my gf calls it, where he lays normally (looking a bit puffed up) for a second them seems to literally deflate as he spreads himself out as much as possible, ending with a little sigh. It's absolutely adorable!

My Henry does this during playtime sometimes - he'll jump on the windowsill and just lie there looking out the window. It's really adorable.

Back