Afraid of playtime? (with pics... just because)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanofdmb84

it IS called 'fur'-niture
Raven has been with us for about a month and is settling in nicely. She's coming to the front of the cage looking for oats or a shreddie, and doesn't bark every time I open the cage anymore. In fact, if I sit by the cage she runs right up to me, crawls on my hands, and hangs her head over the side to sightsee. She RACES around her cage like a crazy little thing and I want to give her a chance to stretch her legs and have fun, but she's so afraid of playtimes! I've only had her out (in the bathroom) and few times, maybe 4 or 5, since I've had her. She seems to be comfortable with me, but often she'll hide behind the toilet and bark bark bark bark. My first two chins were MORE than happy to get out and explore already the first day I had them home, so I'm not quite sure what to make of this. She seems like she wants to run and play, but she's terrified to be out of her cage at the same time. Should I just get her out for a little while each day and hope she gets over it or am I traumatizing her further by bringing her somewhere scary? Is it just too soon to have her out for playtime? I don't really want to give her a wheel at this point since she's small and I'd like her to gain some weight.

Thanks

And here's some recent pics, just because posts are more fun with cute fluffy chinnie pics ;)

DSC01844.jpg

DSC01846cr.jpg

DSC01847cr.jpg

What a gorgeous girl you got there Diana! Oh and I love that yellow and paw print fleece, very nice! :D

She's adorable. Give her some more time. Some chins take longer than others.

Back