Advice on teaching

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardinggamer

Now that Rinny can have treats I wanted to teach her tricks or at least to come when I call her or to go to her cage when I tell her too so I don't have to worry about her running away when I let her out for play time.

I am trying to teach her her name by saying Rinny and giving her a treat. is that a good way to do it?

If you can, give me some good advice for teaching her things. Some good things to give her. I have 2 sample bags I got from when I got her stuff for her cage.
goji berries and crushed rose hips

Crushed rosehips are great because they are small and she can't really overdue it on them. Some people also use little pieces of hay that their chins love but that they don't get on a daily basis. For example, my boys have timothy hay at all times but they also LOVE orchard grass. I give them Orchard grass every now and again, generally after a good bout of interacting and trust building so that they associate the 'treat' hay with playing with me.

You might want to do some research on clicker training. One of my boys is really into it, and its a fun way to interact with them, if you don't have a whole lot of out of cage toys, or space for them to roam.

Latest posts

Back