Advice on cages.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarilynTafolla

So, I've been looking into a Ferret Nation for my chin. But the only place I can think of that sells them is Petco, but they are too over priced. I'm from LA and was wondering if anyone knew a few place where I can buy the cages at a reasonable price?

I cannot recommend Ferret Nation cages enough!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them. If I was just a pet owner...no doubt it would be a Ferret Nation!

I did read those threads before about the FN setup but didn't notice that the middle of the cages can be left in for 2 smaller cages and then taken out for one larger cage...is that correct? I was under the impression that the FN's were 2 wide, but short cages together with a hole in the floor for the chins to access the other level that way.

It can still be 1 large cage even with the top floor left in. There is an access hole that can be left open so that both levels can be used. I have several set up that I use for growers so you can see one in person Michelle. IMO leaving the top floor in and just allowing them to use the access hole makes the cage safer and more sturdy. Some people DO remove it but I personally do not like that much of a drop. I also do not use the shelves they come with because I have had chins knock them down and I can easily see a chin getting hurt. I have tossed all of my shelves for that reason.

Ohhhh

Okay...that makes sense now. Yeah Rhonda, I'll check yours out when I come to your house to get my new baby :thumbsup: That'll be cool to actually see a set up in real life before I make any decisions.

Petsmart sells the Ferret Nation's twin, the critter nation. and if you're sweet to the manager (or persistent enough), they will price-match a price you find online. Ferret.com is a good site for the Ferret Nation or the Critter Nation. I have one of each, and the only REAL difference is that the bars in the ferret nation are 1 inch apart and mostly vertical, and the critter nation bar spacing is 1/2 inch and bars are horizontal (CN is a little more expensive too). either one is a great cage tho!!!

i have the critter nation double unit and added the add on unit i have one chinchilla he loves it and i love ferret.com super fast shipping he has lots of shelves hide outs chin spin ledges fleece tunnels and wood boxes plente of room to jump and hide and play

Latest posts

Back