Adventures in Wood cutting and processing.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline

Never a dull moment around here. Even harvesting wood can be turned into an adventure.
Ok, picture this. You are out in a pasture under a tree trying your best to cut just the right branch. A job that should just take a couple of minutes is made much more interesting by the "help" of three very large Boer goats who are constantly getting underfoot and one wanting to play the bucking game with you. Then once you have cut the branch you realize that the branches are all tangled up higher up in the tree so now you need to try to untangle the branches by removing some others, all the while tripping over goats. The goats are also very anxious to eat the branch that you are wrestling to get out of the tree and are climbing up on other branches to get to it. It made for a very fun experience. They are actually very sweet goats.
Later in the evening I was cutting twigs for a large order of toys. I knew exactly how many I needed and thought I was keeping track. When I was nearly done I remembered that I needed to do something with the horses out at the barn and left to go and do that. When I came back I recounted and discovered that instead of cutting more than 168 twigs I had only cut 160, so out to the shed I go this morning to cut some more.

Ok, this is an adventure I am not enjoying!!!!! The on button on my circular saw just stopped working!! It started acting up all of a sudden and then gave up the ghost. Motor works, button doesn't. Hoping that hubbie can fix it when he comes home from work. Otherwise I will be doing a lot of scrubbing of wood until he is able to or I buy a new saw. Am still accepting orders (especially now if I need money to buy a new saw), they may take a few days longer to fill if I don't have your particular wood proceessed.

Sounds like quite the day. Husband just asked me why I was taking two carriers (snicker)
Guess I better pull my big girl panties up and go tell him.
;O

Oh that was just the beginning. Later this afternoon I hear a big crunch type crash and look out the livingroom window to see my neighbor's jeep impailed into my stepdaugher's car. A young Unlicensed girl came driving around the island at the top of our cul-de-sac, was going to fast, lost control and crashed into the jeep. The front end of her car was up inside the wheelwell of the jeep and the jeep was now up on the curb and Allison's car were pushed back about 4 feet.

Back