Adapting ferret/critter nation cages for chinchillas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosco Lam

its me again! back for more cage info. how did you guys custimize your ferret critter nation cages to suite chinchillas? pictures would be great help :)

****also, how do you make shelves for the cage? (might be really simple but i am NOT a diy person) :) thanks so much!

You can very easily do a search in the "chin housing & supplies" section of the forum to find your answers. Look for the largest thread "the Ferret Nation club" and you can see how other members set up their cages. Lots of pics in there. Also in that same section, the first thread you'll see is the DIY projects, lots of useful tips in there as well.

Oh, thank you! also, do you think the 1 level cage is good enough for 1 chinchilla or should i get the 2 level? (price is not a big issue)

If price isnt an issue, I always say, go for the 2 level. It isnt needed to have the 2nd level, but the chin would love it.

thanks, out of curiousity and maybe in the future if i wanted to get more, how many chinchillas would "fit" in a two level?

Back