acclimating chins to each other

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preslor

I have two chins, one is almost 6 months and the other is almost 5 months. the 6 month old is relatively new, I did the small cage in a large cage for a week for some periods at a time (after quarantine) and they got along. I am now letting them into each other's cage for about 30 minutes at a time. they like to groom each other and smell each other (getting to know each other?) the 6 month old is a larger chin (600 grams) and tends to jump on the other younger chin (450 grams) sometimes while grooming. When that happens they chase each other for a few seconds and then settle down. Other than that they have been indifferent to each other. They have not barked at each other and no hair has been pulled. (Sometimes they will make a higher chirping sound). What kind of behavior will they show when the are safe to leave alone unsupervised? Is there a way to know when they are safe to be left alone together?

Latest posts

Back