? about fleece liners

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cintistatern2005

When you all make the fleece liners for the FN do you cut them a little bigger? I am going to make some but dont really know where to start. Also do you just use 3 liners of fleece? Also do you wash the fleece before you sew it?

Thanks

First I wash the fleece before cutting or doing anything with it so it pre-shrinks. If you wash the liners after they're made, they could shrink.

When I cut the fleece, I always give myself a half an inch to an inch extra.

I use a top layer of fleece, the middle layer I use batting, and the bottom layer is fleece.

i switched to fleece liners myself, I figured itd be easier to clean his cage. I made 2 liners w 3 layers, but notice he pees only in his litter box, so I dont stress about the layers. He poops all over, but all liquid winds up in his litter pan, so the extra absorbant layers didnt seem to play a roll. Of course, this is simply my chin, ive read there are plenty of chins who wont use a litter pan, but it works pretty well for me :)

I use 2 layers of fleece with a layer of terry cloth in the middle. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking it's more absorbant than batting if the batting is polyester.

By liners also have terry cloth in the middle. I just bought cheap towels that I found on clearance. I washed everything then cut them a little bigger and they fit perfectly. My one chin never pees in the litter box so I have to was often but my other one only pees in the litter box so it depends on the chin.

i just buy the fleece and make it twice as big as the bottom of the cage and just fold it in half! sorry, i can't sew!! i have extras on hand so i change out 2 - 3 times per week.

Back