A8 & A9 and also a breeding question!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErinsChins

Today my girl Starburst delivered two healthy little boys! A8 is a white ebony male and A9 is a TOV ebony male. I have been waiting for her to deliver for almost 2 years now. The boy isn't her permanent mate, but I was getting desperate for her to have her first litter, so i'm pretty excited!

I also have a question regarding breeding. I have a girl who was born on 8/31/2005 she is proven, but hasn't been bred since maybe 2006/2007. If I did breed her (which I won't, she's a pet now and i'd hate to have something go wrong) what would be the risks? Would she even be able to breed?

Attachments

• IMGP4612ddfs.jpg
    IMGP4612ddfs.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMGP4603dfd.jpg
    IMGP4603dfd.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 45
Wow. Gorgeous kits! Hope all goes well for you. :)

The normal risks associated with breeding. If a female is a "virgin" at 3 or 4 years of age, their risks for complications are higher, but if a female has had litters in the past and just hasn't produced for a few years her risks for complications are not much higher. You still risk complications anytime you breed an animal. Carrying and delivering babies that are proportionally very large for the mother is not a sure thing by any means.

Latest posts

Back