A new friend for Terrance :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

I'm so happy right now. My mom and I introduced Terrance to my mom's kit Jett earlier this week. We waited a week after Phillip died to make sure Terrance was okay. He perked up so much after meeting Jett!

After initial humping/chasing and boxing matches on neutral ground and cages next to each other for a couple of days, they hit it off. Terrance asserted his dominance a bit less after we trimmed his whiskers and put vanilla extract on his nose.

He does not seem to be in mourning anymore now that he has an obnoxious kit as a cage mate. Terrance pretty much ignored him their first day in the same cage, but now they sleep together :)

I'll often see a white head sticking out one end of their tube, and a black butt sticking out the other end.

Terrance and Jett together: (Terrance is the pink-white male and Jett is the medium ebony)

3c1e5bc5.jpg

f60c4fe6.jpg

And this picture is pretty blurry, but it's Jett stealing Terrance's treat he isn't supposed to have:

2643e342.jpg

I've pretty much stolen my mom's chin :p

Yay! That's so great that they seem to be getting along. I'm sure Terrance is happy to have company again. Cute little snuggle buddies!

What a great looking pair. I'm glad that they get along so well

Back