a little color questions and some more pics!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxchincerelyxo

PM for pet portraits <3
on Good Friday my rescue has 3 kits, two boys and one female. She had one standard and two beige, but I'm a little confused about the beige babies. They're so different in color! The father was standard (I'm guessing since she is beige) and the mother is hetero beige. Are both the babies just hetero beige with very different fur?

It was kinda difficult to get good photos of how much darker one was, but hopefully someone can clear my head up for me :wacko:!

048.jpg

038.jpg

032.jpg

043.jpg

The sire may have been hetero beige or another beige combination. The kit may be homo beige.

I'm trying to get in contact with the previous owner to see if I can find out what the sire was.

can one kit be homo beige and the other be hetero? I just was curious because they're all such different colors!

Yes...you can have a litter of a standard, hetero beige and homo beige from a hetero beige to hetero beige pairing.

Or one could just be a lighter hetero beige or even possibly a pink white if dad was white. Based of those pictures though, my guess would be they are both beige, just different shades. Just a guess...

Nothing to add on the color question. Just had to say that you've got quite a cute trio there! I love it when they are all different.

My guess is that they have ebony and the lighter one will turn out darker (the color of his tail). The darker is closer to a light tan.

The tails give them away, can we get a better shot of all of the tails? They are very cute. :D

Back