A Clean Home for a New Addition

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherLouWho

The Squee Queen
I spent 3 HOURS last night cleaning the chinchilla cage. I took out all the shelves and the floor and washed them down. Washed the hammocks, food bowl, and water bottle. Put the shelves and back in with the unused side up. This would all be really depressing, except that the stars have aligned and I am bringing home a new chinchilla on Sunday night!

His name is currently "Alexi," but I will be changing it to "Asa," after Asa Gray, the most important of the American botanists. (check it on Wikipedia!). He is coming from Sycamore Chins, who happens to live just a hop-skip-jump from me and has a very nice show herd. He is really beautiful, but too small to go further in his show career or breed.

http://www.sycamorechins.com/Sycamore_Chins/For_Sale.html Third one down.

Congratulations on your new chinnie! He is absolutely adorable, would love to see more photos of him once he gets settled in his new home.

Ok. So, I couldn't wait, and picked him up this afternoon. He has settled in pretty well, actually. Eaten some hay and pellets, peed, pooped, rubbed against everything.... LOL!

Asa at home

Some pics from his first couple of hours here.

Attachments

• 100_4160.jpg
    100_4160.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_4162.jpg
    100_4162.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_4163.jpg
    100_4163.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_4164.jpg
    100_4164.jpg