a/c acting up ....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainschins

I need to know if the a/c is down and the chin room is at 72 and my humidity is 63 what should I do..My window unit is in storage..with the cooler temps lately I put it away..also because normally the central unit isnt blowing not hot air but not cold air and has ran for an hour now and it has not cooled anything down..could I crack the window...remember I do have caging by the windows but not to close..and I have a prego chinny

well personaly i have some money issues atm, so this summer they were kept at 72-73 all season. And they didnt have any problems. But this building is so horrible. No insulation, had it running almost non-stop. Of course my girl gave birth in february, so shes wasnt pregnet during the heat.

Wait, is Godofgods and Rainschins the same person? Or two people who live in the same house, hints the seperate accounts? I'm confused.

Either way, I agree with Laura. I'd be getting the a/c out of storage. Shouldn't take long to get it out and set it up. You can always leave it in the window all year around and just turn it off when it's not needed

Wait, is Godofgods and Rainschins the same person? Or two people who live in the same house, hints the seperate accounts? I'm confused.

Either way, I agree with Laura. I'd be getting the a/c out of storage. Shouldn't take long to get it out and set it up. You can always leave it in the window all year around and just turn it off when it's not needed

No, not the same person. Godofgods just likes to post his own little stories which often times have nothing to do with the original post itself.

what about a dehumidifier?

I wish I still needed my a/c unit going! I would think if you couldn't get the window unit out of storage, that cracking the window open would help. But I agree that the window unit would be the best option to keeping the room at a consistent cooler temp.

Adding the dehumidifier would only make the place warmer but yes it would bring down the humidity levels. I agree to get the a/c unit out of storage and put it back in.

Adding the dehumidifier would only make the place warmer but yes it would bring down the humidity levels. I agree to get the a/c unit out of storage and put it back in.

Sandi, I didn't realize a dehumidifier would warm up a place...I thought it would have a slight cooling effect...hmm, then window unit out of storage it is! At least you have that as a back up.

a/c

whew..got the a/c unit out of storage last night...woke the hubs up...then at 10 am this morning repairman fixed the central air unit..we all good now..

whew..got the a/c unit out of storage last night...woke the hubs up...then at 10 am this morning repairman fixed the central air unit..we all good now..

I would keep the window unit in the window just in case the central air unit goes out again. Plus you won't have to wake up the hubs in the middle of the night. :)

When you don't need it maybe close the curtain over it or something.

Latest posts

Back