8.5 weeks old....?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazzlRazzle

Animal Lover <3
So I just got this hedgehog tonight that is suppose to be 8.5 weeks old. I didn't think of it until I got back to my house, but she seems a little big for her age...
She is an albino female, and is about the length of my hand. When I have googled '8 week old hedgehog', they all seem about the size of a persons palm instead of the whole hand... I'm very excited to have a hedgehog! I'm just curious if she is just big for her age, if some species of hedgehogs are bigger than others, or if I am imagining things or what.

Hedgies can be all different sizes. When I brought Satin home around 6 weeks, she was 210g. She grew to be a big girl and was 680g at her heaviest.

My boy Tex came home around 320g, was usually around 340-360g, and maxed out around 380g. Funny thing... after being used to Satin's size and weight, I once picked up Texie's wheel to clean it and failed to notice he was in it!!! I didn't get far, maybe an inch or so off the cage floor and spotted him. He was a funny little guy... would sleep anywhere in his cage when the lights were off.

How many grams is she up to now? And what's her name?

Thank you for the reply! I would weigh her, but I don't have a scale, haha :) But I named her sugar, even though she's the complete opposite of being a sweetie pie. She's an albino. :)

Back