2012 Southern ECBC Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for getting it together, I know it is a busy time of the year.

It is too far for me to attend @ 12 hours (which ends up being 14-15 if you take gas/potty/food breaks) Hope everyone has a good time!

OKAY OKAY!!!!

First let me say that I have emailed Ralph and Barbara TWICE with no response! They haven't tried calling me, and if they have, they did not leave a message!

Norwood Chinchillas....I did answer your email when you wrote to me on our website contact page. I am sorry if the email did not come through, but I did not ignore you!

OKAY!!!

The location of the show is going to be:

Eubanks Blanchard Community Center
Martinez, GA
There are hotels at local intersections along I-26.

You may all go and check out their website: http://www.columbiacountyga.gov/index.aspx?page=3345

Hope you will all try to attend! It looks like a very nice location!

Well Janice I left you my phone number on your answering machine. And it would seem your web page e-mail may not be working. I keep two e-mail accounts and my husband is a senior network analyst at a fortune 500 company. He maintains our home network and I don't have any problems getting mail from anyone. So you better check your end.

I can't speak for Ralph or Barbara. You will have to address that with them when they come to the show.

May I suggest you rethink your many explination points. They are quite rude. Thats all I have to say.

Last edited:
interesting. could we please keep all personal gasconade comments to the side. i would be more then willing to answer anyone questions about the show if one felt that there was some missed communication along the line.

we have a great location this year, we determined this location by last years request and current members. we are going to have a great time with this show and hope to see everyone there.

Our club, Southern ECBC is stronger than ever! Can't see why someone would want to imply otherwise. That is just ugly and hateful! Everyone come to the show. It takes time to get the venue secured, thanks to all who patiently waited. We are volunteers, so anyone that would like to help with this show or next years' please step up! We will need help setting up and cleaning up at this show. Doors open at 7am. See you there!

this years show

This will be my first show that I am trying to attend..I think I have my cousin convinced to come with me..Its her Birthday that day...So what I am wondering is what will the show all entail...I heard that inorder to show your chin has to have ear tags is this true..is there a cost to non ECBC members to come? If so how much...Will there be sales of chins at this show...That is it for now ..thanks

Ear tags are not required at this show. There will probably be chins for sale. Along with a raffle table. And other fun stuff.

Our club, Southern ECBC is stronger than ever! Can't see why someone would want to imply otherwise. That is just ugly and hateful!

I must have missed comments you are referring to as I don't see anyone implying that :hmm:

6 hours from me sounds good. Hopefully I can pick up a few buddies, cough Lauren, to ride with me.

Is Ralph judging again?

I need dust desperately, so hoping someone is coming that can bring me some???

No, Ralph won't be judging this time.

Rich Ryerson will be judging. I have emailed him asking about supplies. Whenever, I hear back from him I will let everyone know so they can write him to place orders.

Hrm. Only 3 hours from me. I might show Una, the One-Eyed Wonder Chinchilla for giggles.

Having never shown at an Empress-sanctioned show, can I assume that it's similar to MCBA shows?

I believe you can bring the animals to the show location the night before - won't help if you need to stay Saturday night but would work if you just stayed Friday.

Sorry, the facility will not be available to leave your animals on Friday... Facility is not available until Saturday.

If you come I 20 from Atlanta exit 172 in thomson has a pet friendly Best western, 1890 Washington Road, Thomson, Georgia, 30824-7202, US
Phone: 706/595-8000 Fax: 706/595-8822

The exit for the venue off I 20 is exit 183. From Atlanta you turn left, from Columbia right off exit.

There are hotels from Columbia end from augusta to martinez (jimmie dyess parkway)... Also a ton in Augusta as mentioned earlier, Clarion....

Back