2 Ingredient Lemon Bars

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BooBoo*TheKiddo*

Found this on facebook also. Hoping to try it this weekend... Dad loves Lemon everything so maybe he'll like this too.

2 Ingredient Lemon Bars

Need:
1 box angel food cake mix( I use Betty Crocker)
2 cans lemon pie filling

Mix dry cake mix and cans of pie filling together in large bowl.
Pour into greased 9 x 13″ baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until top is starting to brown.
NOTE...Mine took the full 25 minutes to get done and did not brown on top at all :))

Cool on wire rack and sprinkle with powered sugar. It has a melt in your mouth spongy texture.

My mom got Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix from IGA. Guess well see how it goes. lol

I love recipes withfew ingredients this way... I'm less likely to screw it up.:laughitup:

I'm going to try this recipe. I love Lemon Bars, infact Lemon anything. I am not a cook or a baker.

Interesting...I'm curious to see how they turn out. I'm a baker and make lemon bars all the time. Spongy texture is not what I usually go for.

I was thinking the same thing as Cindy. It's strange to think of lemon bars as having a spongy texture! The lemon bars I have made in the past have more of a pastry crust made of flour and butter (or margarine). They aren't really all that difficult to make the old fashioned way. :p

Definitely let us know now they turn out. I never have cake mix on hand here...but I can buy some if necessary.

Susan that's how I feel about them. A simple buttery shortbread, eggs, sugar and lemons, lots of lemons. :) I am curious to hear about these.

Mint brownies and lemon bars are the only things I could ever make since I was 10. Otherwise I'm a horrible cook and mostly not allowed in the kitchen. Even then most other people wouldn't eat my mint brownies for the amount of mint I added. I always made both from scratch using my great grandmother's recipes. It really didn't take many ingredients. My only problem was always flattening the flour and butter crust evenly so the lemon part would have an even thickness after it thickened during cooking. Not sure where they went but I know I took both recipes with me when I moved out of my mom's house. At one point I typed them up and printed out new copies since the index cards were getting faded and too many stains to be readable but I'm pretty sure the copies got abandoned when I fled the last apartment I was in because of an abusive bf.

I keep seeing the title to this thread... since December... and persist in thinking:
"'two ingredient lemon bars...' yeah... so that would be 'lemon' and 'bar.'"
It won't stop! CALGON, take me away!!!!!!!

Did anyone try this?

Back