Where to get bulk Mazuri food, alfalfa-based? The cheapest you know of?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KristinC1983

I've buying those little bags of Mazuri chin food (alfalfa-based) from PetSmart, but I want to get it in bulk and cheaper. The prices in PetSmart I'm sure are higher than the prices other places online.

I'm not looking to switch foods-he likes his food-he eats the perfect amount of that everyday and still eats lots of Timothy hay, and I'm going to look into other kinds of hay as well that he may like (not alfalfa hay-thats a rare treat he gets only a couple times a month). He's healthy and happy on Mazuri.

I'm an ebay fanatic, lol, and I found on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mazuri-Chinchilla-Food-/250589543019?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

$22.50 for 12 lbs - it's $11 plus $11.50 for shipping. I contacted the seller because I swear I read somewhere that there's also a Timothy Hay-based Mazuri pellet-though I haven't seen it yet. This is the alfalfa-based.

So, is that a good price for food, or do you know of a place that's cheaper. I love buying from ebay more than online stores because the shipping is there right in front of you, not surprising you with an extra $20 added on. But if you know of cheaper, I'd love to hear it and check it out. I'm trying to be thrifty!

Thank you!

Why not just check the mazuri site for a local dealer and get the 25 # bags yourself, and save the shipping?

I just love you both!!!!!!

Seriously, how long since I asked?! I went to that website, located a bunch of Mazuri suppliers within 25 miles of me, maybe 10 came up, I called the first one which is like 2 miles from my house, and they have 25 pound bags! I just love you! And I was going there today anyway to get a big bag of shavings for his litter box (its a glass casserole dish on his bottom shelf he pees in).

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! I'm so bad at deciding which, where, when to buy, but you've saved me from days of annoying trouble! You're awesome! Thank you soooo much again!:dance3:

i noticed you are in NJ. which feed store do you use? An hour ago I was at Rosedale Mills in Pennington, NJ. Got me a 50lb bag of the chin feed I use and shavings and picked up a bag of doggie food........$48 bucks. you cant beat that!

The 25 lbs will last you a long time with only 1 chin. I recommend putting it in a large plastic container OR donate some to a shelter or share with someone you know.
With 10 chins, I go thru 50lbs in 2 months.

Farm Side in Sussex-very-north nj. The 25 lb bags are $19 there. I'll see if any rescues are in need of Mazuri. That's a great idea. It will take him forever to eat all that, so I can definitely spare 10 lbs at least. I'm planning to rescue a chin in a year or so-we'll still have the same bag of food then, lol. I just got tired of spending like twice as much per pound at Petsmart. I'd truly love to donate some! Thanks for such an awesome suggestion:)

Latest posts

Back