What type of Chinchilla food do you feed?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to toot our own horn but the feed Serena and I have milled specially for us is amazing. Mine have gained a tremendous amount of weight on it as well.
Hmm, I 'might' have to try that feed. I know your chinchillas are all especially fluffy. How would shipping ten pounds at a time be to Campbell River from Victoria?

I use Manna Pro Sho (it's a rabbit feed, but it's really good!) and everyone has been doing really well. I even have Georgie (my 17lb, not actually overweight, just a large breed rabbit) on it. Everyone here loves it!

I'm feeding the Oxbow right now. This is a switch from Mazuri in fall last year.

I am feeding Nutrena now and they are chowing it down! I am glad I have finally found a good, reasonable feed that is within 1/2 hour of my home!

Hello! I was under the impression that the only rabbit food approved for chinchillas was Manna Pro Sho, which is what I feed. You mentioned a list of acceptable feeds, can you tell me where to find it, please?

I have also used Mazuri and was very happy with it.

The list of 'acceptable feeds' that most people speak of was/is on the forum we can't get access to, Chins-n-quills.

I use PANR now - switched from Mazuri about 6 months ago - it was getting too pricey - 25# bag was running me about $22 - and I can get 50# of PANR for $15. no more loose poo since the switch and everyone has gained some weight, they all love it.

I used to use Mazuri until I started having soft poos. I have been using Manna Pro Sho for a year now! My chins love it. :D

I also use PANR and have had no problems on it. It took a bit to switch over. Chula seemed to like the taste of the Mazuri a bit better, but now he's just fine with PANR.

I feed Oxbow, but have considered PANR for Phoenix also. While I just have the one Chin'kid, it's reasonable for me to get the Oxbow...

My boys are currently on Manna Pro Sho and love it. But I'm going to be switching to Nutrena due to cost. $30 v. $15 for a 50 lb bag.

We feed Tradition and have for several years now. Now it's easier because I don't have to get it all the way from Ohio and now we have a Hubbard distributor within 25 minutes of us and gets it fresh from the mill, we've had not problems on it.

I did feed Mazuri, but they weren't eating it much anymore, just throwing it. I switched to PANRshow and it's been really great. Weight gains, less waste, better appearence, etc. I tried something when switching, Instead of mixing I kept 1 container of each food side by side in their cage and let them decide. They surprised me by doing a gradual switch of their own choosing.

I used to feed Kaytee Fiesta--yikes! Then wised up to Mazuri and got even wiser by switching to Nutrena Rabbit feed. It's better for the chins, they love it more and it's cheaper! How the heck did that happen?

Back