UPDATE: Little Jimmy the crippled baby

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said on facebook, you are truly going to make me die from cute overload. Jimmy has to be the cutest little thing that ever existed.

Thanks for all the cute kit pictures -- I can never get enough of them!!!

As I said in the original thread, I think that Little Jimmy might just be the cagemate that I have always hoped I would find for Little Two Paws...they would have 4 good paws between them and probably not pick on each other since they are both Handi-Chins!!!

I know I left you a comment on facebook but he really is just too cute for words. I agree about his wobbly but being oh so cute. I just want to pick him up and give him lots of kisses.

A fight to the death for Jimmy!
What weapons shall we use? :laughitup:

Chin-whittled shivs at dawn? ;)

SO glad to see Jimmy's doing well, and it's probably a good thing I wasn't there for your photo shoot; I'd have HAD to mush my face into that pile of bebes! Just imagine how soft all the fur and the little whiskers and little feets would be on your cheek! (At least until someone decided to taste your nose or something, but until that point it'd be heaven!)

You are a lucky chin mom. :)

A trebuchet that launches pumice shards! Or a catapult that tosses bits of sharp wood scraps, counter balanced by the masses of chin poop!

That baby pile is just killing me! I want them all to come live here :) And I can watch that video of little Jimmy over and over again, he is such a little trooper :hug2:

He is just way too adorable. I haven't read through the whole thread, but wasn't Lynn looking for a buddy for lil Two Paws? :innocent:

possibly, but we are just playing around CA.

I don't believe Tab would let him go. I personnally wouldn't. But that is me. ;)

Why, yes, I am!!! I've already mentioned it twice. Perhaps I should submit a formal request to adopt Little Jimmy. I DO think that he and Little Two Paws would make a nice pair. AND, I could be known as the "Home of The Only 2 Two-Legged Chins"!!! ;)

I have Little Two Paws in a one level, totally fleece covered cage. He has a cuddle cup, a shelf down low with a pillow on it, a hamock, a fleece tube on the ground that he practically lives in and a hanging corner bed.

He is potty pan trained and I think that Little Jimmy could probably be potty trained if he was started right now. The pan is low enough that he could drag his cute little self over the edge, as I have a pillow right next to it that evens up with side of the pan.

Just sayin'...

Of course, I WILL understand if Tabitha gets too attached to him to let him go. Just as long as he is loved and pampered the rest of his little chinnie life. Did I mention that my boys are my only heirs??? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If he were mine, I'd definitely want you to have him Lynn. Lil 2 Paws needs a 2-legged buddy. :hug4:

Why, yes, I am!!! I've already mentioned it twice. Perhaps I should submit a formal request to adopt Little Jimmy. I DO think that he and Little Two Paws would make a nice pair. AND, I could be known as the "Home of The Only 2 Two-Legged Chins"!!! ;)

I have Little Two Paws in a one level, totally fleece covered cage. He has a cuddle cup, a shelf down low with a pillow on it, a hamock, a fleece tube on the ground that he practically lives in and a hanging corner bed.

He is potty pan trained and I think that Little Jimmy could probably be potty trained if he was started right now. The pan is low enough that he could drag his cute little self over the edge, as I have a pillow right next to it that evens up with side of the pan.

Just sayin'...

Of course, I WILL understand if Tabitha gets too attached to him to let him go. Just as long as he is loved and pampered the rest of his little chinnie life. Did I mention that my boys are my only heirs??? :thumbsup:

What is the word I am looking for here, ah Yah! Manipulator,, yah yah that is it, especially with that last sentence Lynn. :hilarious:

If I had a soft heart, I would stop right here, but nope... my rosehips are ready.

Nice pictures of the family. Watched the video of little Jimmy. He is quite the traveler. I do not know a lot about this..but how with this disability affect his movement and jumping ability?

THANK YOU, Carole Anne!!!

Saphire -- :neener:

Nice pictures of the family. Watched the video of little Jimmy. He is quite the traveler. I do not know a lot about this..but how with this disability affect his movement and jumping ability?

What does it matter???

May I state, as I have on more than one occasion on this forum, that animals are so much more accepting of their conditions than we humans are.

As an example, my chinchilla, Little Two Paws Shakur, has only 2 legs...and they are both on the right side!!! When I asked the rancher how he got around, he paused for a moment and then replied, "Well, I reckon pretty good." And he DOES!!! He doesn't now that he's supposed to have 4 paws -- he just gets on with his life with what he has been given.

Of course, he can't be in a 5' tall cage with shelves/ledges to jump to and from, but he doesn't know OR care!!! He has a perfect little one level fleece lined paradise where he is able to get around just fine!!! And he DOES have one low ledge that's covered with fleece, and he can jump up onto it.

Just an example of how he gets around. He goes from the edge of his cuddle cup onto the pillow covered ledge. Then he one-legged jumps it up into his hammock, and from there, he can slide over to his hanging fleece corner house. His fleece tube is right on the bottom of the cage next to his fleece covered ledge, so he enjoys not only curling up inside the tube, but also sstretching out on his shelf and over his tube.

We can learn a lot from our animal friends!!!

LOL!
Do you have picture of him, or a vidéo.
I have a soft spot for any creature that is different wether it be missing limb, eye, uglyness(relevant) caused by nature or abuse.

Back