The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are very welcome! I'm gald they said yes and you get to get an awesome cage!

And Tara - those look AWESOME!

I GOT IT!!!!! :youwoman::wave4::chin::chin::chin5: <---my 3 chins thank you

With tax (8.75% here), it was $170.03 (plus I donated $1 to homeless animals)

The Smilies here are so much better than the ones we have on the Veggieboards.

Could someone please tell me where people are getting these? Are they bought or made? Thanks!

whatisthis-cage.jpg

Tomorrow, I will start posting pictures of the Ferret Nation cage progress :)

My bridge? I think that's what you made the rectangle around. For a minute I didn't see you had circled anything and I was staring at the picture trying to figure out what you were referring to. My cage? My chinnie? Then I finally saw the rectangle. :p

I ordered mine from Cat75 on here. I know she wasn't making them any longer before, but it never hurts to ask.

Last edited:
My bridge? I think that's what you made the rectangle around. For a minute I didn't see you had circled anything and I was staring at the picture trying to figure out what you were referring to. My cage? My chinnie? Then I finally saw the rectangle. :p

I ordered mine from Cat75 on here. I know she wasn't making them any longer before, but it never hurts to ask.

:) I'm really inspired by your cage. I'm going to attempt making a fleece tube today... I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to just buy one from someone since I'll probably just mess it up and have to start over again :p

I just found her Ad and she said no more for the next 4-6 months. Bummer. Should I try posting in the Classifieds?

Oooo, I really like the hay holder (baking dish)... would you suggest using that for a litter box? I'm going to try and train my chills, they're pretty consistent in peeing in the same spot.

Making the bridges are really easy. I made some for my cages but ended up taking them out because my chins didn't like them.

All you have to do is get two pieces of wire, the length you want for your bridge. By the slender slats of pine, cut them into how wide you want your bridge to be, drill two holes in the skinny sides, and thread the wire through. Round the wire off at the end, attach lanyard hooks, and voila.

I'm still waiting on my FN 142 that Tim said he's gonna buy. So in the meantime i was looking on craigslist and I found one for $100, I was like WOW!!! but when I wrote to the person they didn't get back to me, so it probably sold really quick. There's another one I found for 145 which isn't bad. If this one doesn't work out, he's gonna order it this weekend...:dance3:

Making the bridges are really easy. I made some for my cages but ended up taking them out because my chins didn't like them.

All you have to do is get two pieces of wire, the length you want for your bridge. By the slender slats of pine, cut them into how wide you want your bridge to be, drill two holes in the skinny sides, and thread the wire through. Round the wire off at the end, attach lanyard hooks, and voila.

Are you sure it's easy? I'm prone to difficulties :p

My main difficulty is I am very limited on tools... I think I have a saw and that's it. Is it hard to cut the pieces small? And what kind of wire do you suggest? Thank You!

I'm still waiting on my FN 142 that Tim said he's gonna buy. So in the meantime i was looking on craigslist and I found one for $100, I was like WOW!!! but when I wrote to the person they didn't get back to me, so it probably sold really quick. There's another one I found for 145 which isn't bad. If this one doesn't work out, he's gonna order it this weekend...:dance3:

Did you try seeing if Petsmart will price match? :) I just walked out last night with the FN 142 for $170 with tax. :thumbsup:

Did you try seeing if Petsmart will price match? :) I just walked out last night with the FN 142 for $170 with tax. :thumbsup:

I didn't know they did that, ty sooo much.. Even though he's buying it, I would still like to save as much money as possible. I didn't even think of price matching..TY SO MUCH!!!

I checked kennelvet.com and even tho the cage was cheap, the shipping was like 50, and at ferret.com, it's 174 and with shipping will be about 200, which i know is still a decent price. But still, I"m so envious of all you guys that find them really cheap on craigslist. There's not many on craigslist here, the two i mentioned are the first 2 i've ever seen.. Usually just small cages around here.

jean

:) I'm really inspired by your cage. I'm going to attempt making a fleece tube today... I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to just buy one from someone since I'll probably just mess it up and have to start over again :p

I just found her Ad and she said no more for the next 4-6 months. Bummer. Should I try posting in the Classifieds?

Oooo, I really like the hay holder (baking dish)... would you suggest using that for a litter box? I'm going to try and train my chills, they're pretty consistent in peeing in the same spot.

The baking dish is actually a litter box, I just have it under the hay holder that way hay doesn't get scattered as much around the cage. Once it hits the floor he won't eat it anyway. :p

As for the tubes, I sell tube covers if you are interested. I believe I only have light blue, yellow or lime green right now. I also have a newly made hammock that matches the light blue. All you would need for the tube would be the hardware (which I can buy if you want so you know exactly what you need). You can get the 6 inch "chubes" at 99% of pet stores. This way you wouldn't have to pay much at all for shipping. I can get you pictures if you like.

I didn't know they did that, ty sooo much.. Even though he's buying it, I would still like to save as much money as possible. I didn't even think of price matching..TY SO MUCH!!!

I checked kennelvet.com and even tho the cage was cheap, the shipping was like 50, and at ferret.com, it's 174 and with shipping will be about 200, which i know is still a decent price. But still, I"m so envious of all you guys that find them really cheap on craigslist. There's not many on craigslist here, the two i mentioned are the first 2 i've ever seen.. Usually just small cages around here.

jean

It was actually mom2pix&lola's idea :) She posted this to me and saved me $70! :) Saving money is ALWAYS a good thing... leaves money for more toys! I took the Kennelvet printout to Petsmart, that's how I got the discount. Definitely call ahead and see if they price match competitors. I called and asked 3 different people (1 on the phone, 2 in person before they took the big box down from the shelf) and when I handed the sheet to the manager, she said 'We actually only price match our website,' but gave me the discount anyway. Isn't the whole point of price matching to match competitors, not yourself? I think she was just trying to get out of giving me the discount. My local Craigslist is full of people looking for Ferret Nation cages, not selling.

Good luck!!! (Included Mom's post below)

SOME (not all) Petsmart stores will price-match an online ad also if you print the ad and take it with you. (Call before you go, and if they ok it, write down the name of the person that you spoke w/ for reference.) On kennelvet.com they're only $157 right now. http://www.kennelvet.com/ferret-nation-habitat-625h-p-1753.html

The baking dish is actually a litter box, I just have it under the hay holder that way hay doesn't get scattered as much around the cage. Once it hits the floor he won't eat it anyway. :p

As for the tubes, I sell tube covers if you are interested. I believe I only have light blue, yellow or lime green right now. I also have a newly made hammock that matches the light blue. All you would need for the tube would be the hardware (which I can buy if you want so you know exactly what you need). You can get the 6 inch "chubes" at 99% of pet stores. This way you wouldn't have to pay much at all for shipping. I can get you pictures if you like.

Oh! I see it now :) My chins are the same way... I put their hay on a shelf and once it hits the bottom of the cage (wire, not even directly on the bedding), they won't touch it. They're more picky than I am about food hitting the floor :wink3:

Absolutely! I'm interested! Could I see the light blue, please? About how much would it run for 2 tube covers and 2 hammocks? How much more for 2 tubes added (just in case I can't find them, going today)? Thanks!

JMdebb good luck, the first FN i ever saw on my craigslist was $50 just this week, i hopped right on it and got lucky

Holy Cow! It took my Dad and I 45 MINUTES to build the whole thing. That's absolutely INSANE! Most things I've ever assembled took hours.

ferretnation01.jpg

Be back later!

Back