question for anyone who buys things from me..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh, thought of another question about hay. What types do you all buy? I would want to carry timothy, but do you like to buy any of the other hays like botanical, oat or brome?
I know me personally I like to mix in some oat every once in a while for a coarser hay, but I didn't know if I'm the only one :)

Along with the timothy, we usually get orchard grass and alfalfa as "treat" hay (all from Oxbow)

I agree wholeheartedly about the hay. Currently I buy from a petstore but would love to eventually buy all my supplies from one place. I have started buying food and treats from you and love it! I use just timothy hay at the moment. As for critcal care, Koda has only had the original and she ate it up. Then again I think she would eat anything. It would be awesome if you were able to sell critical care.

I think I'll just get a bunch of different hays and see how they go. I know if I don't sell them, my chins will gladly eat it!

I placed the order for the lava bites/dots/ledges today so hopefully they ship quickly :) I'm so excited for them, I'm going to buy them from myself haha. I hated paying $6 for the lava bites at the petstore.

I buy Oxbow or Kleenmammas timothy hay, sometimes some oat hay. I never buy alfalfa, due to it's high calcium, shown to contribute to kidney/renal stones. I feed Tradition pellets. I love to buy timothy hay cubes!

Can you get some metal corner potty pans? High at the back, like the plastic ones by Superpet (I think), only metal ones. I have looked everywhere and can't find any! I really need them! Picchu pees on all her shelves, sticks her furry butt up against the bars and pees on the wall and floor. ARGH! :eek:

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I can't wait for you to get all of this "stuff" and onto your website. You will have one happy customer out of me :)

Hey Jan,

Yeah, I haven't been able to find those either. They were made by Super Pet but I believe they stopped making them

I found this metal pan though, not sure if it would work for you or not, but it's kind of expensive. It's almost at the bottom of this page:
http://bunnyrabbit.com/price/groom3.htm

Otherwise have you tried urine guards? like this http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=6067+15323+16988&pcatid=16988

Wow! Thanks! If I can take out the wire inside, and file down or cover the sharp corners, that metal pan might just do it!! I've got poo guards my hubby made for me, but they're not very high, so I'll check out these guards!!

I'm anxious to see your updated store, count me in as a regular customer!

It looks like the wire grid comes out, and it also looks like the edges are folded over, so they might not be sharp.
Glad I could help! :)

I'm such a nerd, I just checked the tracking on my lava bites/ledges etc shipment, and they should be here Monday, I'm so excited!

Yay for lava bites! :)

alli do you know when your gonna get mazuri in?

I just ran out and didn't get a chance to call the feed store today to see if they have any in yet. I'm going to call tomorrow so hopefully by Wednesday if they have it. Or if not, I'm going to try and get some over the weekend from another feed mill.

I went though Mazuri crazy fast this past month

yes I will! I will probably put the order in for Oxbow products next week. So it'll be hay (timothy for sure, haven't decided on the other 'flavors' lol) pellets and some CC. :)

Eventually I also plan on having those metal feeders like someone asked for, as well as coop cups. I just didn't order them with this past order, since they come from the same place that the lava things came from. So once I sell most of the lava stuff I will get more variety of other things as well.

yes I will! I will probably put the order in for Oxbow products next week. So it'll be hay (timothy for sure, haven't decided on the other 'flavors' lol) pellets and some CC. :)

Eventually I also plan on having those metal feeders like someone asked for, as well as coop cups. I just didn't order them with this past order, since they come from the same place that the lava things came from. So once I sell most of the lava stuff I will get more variety of other things as well.

Awesome! Do you know offhand what sizes you will be carrying? My local pet store sells Chinchilla Oxbow, but only the 5lb bag for 10 bucks. Needless to say, with 4 chinchillas, that goes mighty quick! It'd be great if I had someone I could order both food and toys from...

Back