October 23rd, MCBA Claims Show in Ohio

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarinuto

chin smitten
What is a claims show? What do I have to do to go to a show? Do I just show up? Do I register??

I'm clueless... haha. I would like to go to a show before October... but the NY show is too far away for me.

Anyway.. any help with entering the show world and not being an idiot while doing so is appreciated LOL

A claim show is one in which every animal entered in the show is for sale. If you register your chin for the show, you have to put a price on it from $50-$200. It's a great way to pick up some nice chins from the bigger breeders for no more than $200.

You only need to register if you are showing chins, then you would have to fill out the registration form that is available on the MCBA website. They will have forms at the show, but you can take a look at it ahead of time - even fill it out ahead of time with everything but the cage number.

If you are just there to watch, there is an entry fee, usually around $5 for which you will get a receipt - and it's usually another $5 if you want a show book which is great for taking notes in - but no need to register.

Last edited:
Don't feel silly! There are always new people at shows and the experienced breeders are always happy to answer questions. Come bring some chins you want to sell and have a good time :)

We're so excited for this show. It will be our first show in over 2 years. Cant wait to catch up with everyone!

This show is right around the corner!! :dance3:

Who's coming?? I am bringing two ebs to put in the show, but I can bring either of the other two I have for sale!

Here's the info :)

OHIO CLAIM SHOW'S DATE IS OCTOBER 23RD.

AMERICAN LEGION POST 447
112 TRUX ST
PLYMOUTH, OH 44865

The Ohio Chapters annual claim show has been changed this year to
Plymouth, Ohio

HOTELS

Walton Inn
117 E. Walton St
Willard, OH 44890
(419) 933-2422

Country Hearth Inn
1201 S. Conwell Ave
Willard, OH 44890
(419) 935-8817

Willard Country Inn
429 E. Walton St.
Willard, OH 44890
(419) 933-2441

Dang.....I'll miss the haunted house. That was so fun last year. Thanks to Kats husband we are alive to tell about it. :rofl:

It's a good show. I encourage anyone to come to any of the shows. Even if you don't have animals to show. Or are thinking about entering the shows in the future. It offers you an opportunity to learn what to look for before making a purchase.

WORD OF CAUTION: The first time I drove to the area I was driving along at my normal speed of "hair on fire" listening to music. It's horse and buggy area. I didn't catch on until I saw the little lane on the side. But not every highway out there has a lane. You might come up really fast on a buggy. You've been warned now...........HEADS UP!

Last edited:
Usually the show will start around 9, right after classifications. Jan most likely will be there early in the morning, probably around 6-6:30 to open the doors.

There will also be a baby derby with trophies.

Jim Ritterspach will be judging the show.

If anyone is interested in donating any items for the show raffle, please let me know.

Thanks

We'll be there. I cannot wait to go out :) Not sure who or what I'm showing, I'll most likely decide a few days before I leave.

Can't wait to see whats for sale either....

Glad to hear you guys are coming out. The place isn't far from Jan and Rich's place, so you know everyone will be hanging out there lol

I just talked to Jan!

Set up is Friday night at 6. Registration will be open from 8-10. I'm sure claiming will begin sometime in there as well.

Saturday morning the hall will open at 7, possibly earlier. Classification will begin around 10.

Registration for both the baby derby and the regular show is $4 per animal.

There will be a banquet after the show, Jan has to double check the time but she thinks it is slated for 6. It is the same caterer as last year, but this year they will be bringing an ice cream machine for dessert! The banquet is $20.

Raffles will include a 50/50 and assorted, donated items. I am feeling crafty so I am going to see what I can come up with to donate. =)

So do the animals have to be brought over friday evening? All the shows I normally attend are optional claims shows...I am getting excited!

Latest posts

Back