MCBA York Show 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing somewhat close would be the capitol, Harrisburg. There is also Gettysburg, the battlefield which is not too far either.

Do you do cheese, Cory? I was planning a veggie dish, though with feta but I can leave that out, as I think Kate is also vegetarian.

I'm pretty sure Gloria Mills will be doing BBQ pork, she has the last couple years. Doesn't hurt to have more, though!

Im kind of a half vegetarian. I dont eat red meat or pork or anything. Ill eat milk and cheese products and chicken and turkey. Oh and Im allergic to iodized salt. Yeah, I know, Im so high maintenance! :neener: So I usually pick at things or grab something from the corner store. Ill be ok. :thumbsup:

Im planning on bringing some pastries from Panera bread again. But I havent decided yet. Wegmans also bakes fresh sweets in the morning so I might see what they have. :hmm:

Last edited:
Bill decided on BBQ ham sandwiches. He bought a big ham that we have to chip :thumbsup:

Also wanted to add like Brandi said we can get in the hall Friday evening. Dave has to get the keys between 4:30 and 5:00. So Im assuming that anytime after that we can start setting up. So if anyone isn't doing anything Friday evening, come on over and help us out. It would be greatly appreciated and this way Saturday morning we'll have it all set up and ready to go. The more the merrier!

Also wanted to add, if anyone needs tables set up for their items to sell , please let us know so we can have the tables set up and ready for you.

Not really much to see there, though there are some okay shopping centers not far away. There's a big pet store called That Pet Place within a short drive, but that's hardly what I'd call "sight seeing" anyway, unless the huge snakes they have on display to illustrate why you *don't* want a pet longer than your car are a draw.

My hummus is usually just the recipe I got from a high school friend's mom (who is from Lebanon), but I do have modifications for lime and cilantro, or my fave is sun dried tomato and basil, all with pita bread, of course.

What are gas prices like down that way now? I know last year they were like 30 cents cheaper than they are here (WNY has some of the highest prices in the nation) so I'm curious. I will be filling up before I leave for sure. :)

Gas Prices in York, PA are running $2.09 +/- ..... There is a guy that I work with that lives in York.... and he said he saw them for as low as $1.96 yesterday, but average is $2.09.....

Gas price

too bad, we are not on your way.
the gas price next door is $1.77 today.
We are located @ Rt. 17 New Jersey. There is always a long line waiting infront of our front door.

any subway joints in the area? that can help with vegetagians... cory, do you want to google it and see if we can do anything? we will probably get in late but who knows, maybe we can pick something up saturday???

I too am excited! Especially to see some old friends, and meet some new ones! Looks as though I'll be busy, as I have a few people who want me to help groom :).

I think i'm going to make Macaroni Salad (no one has offered to do this right??). I need to make some for class, so might as well do it for york too!

Back