MCBA York Show 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Macaroni Salad sounds great Meg! Sounds like its gonnabe a nice crowd.

Shelli, MapQuested Subway and it shows 10 in the York area so I think you'll be fine lol.

Remember, we can use all the help we can get Friday evening setting everything up.

I think I'll make up some baked ziti. I'll be in and out of the show as I will have some help with moving that day so I can bring it over hot and fresh.
I'll be there Friday night to help set up too...excuse any tiredness as it is moving week. So much going on this Saturday.

There is the Harley factory you can tour...actually there are tons of factory tours near by...York is the factory capital of the US.

I'm trying to figure out what to make that will still be good if I made it tomorrow night. Considering I'm driving up Friday afternoon and won't be staying in a motel and don't have room for a cooler in my 2 door car, I have to be creative.

How about chocolate cake? The judge LOVES chocolate! May put him in a better mood for the show, too ;)

hmmm im thinking of just getting some chips or something...is the person bringing bbq bringing buns or can I bring those? What about paper plates or cups?

Really? Chocolate cake is my fav to make, I just didn't know if there were too many people already bringing desserts. I use chocolate chips in my cake to make it extra moist...

ETA: I'm making ledges today - so if anyone wants a specific size ledge for their cage, let me know so I can get it done. I have 12 - 2" x 7" x 8" ledges already done.

Last edited:
You can never have enough dessert! I soooo vote a chocolate cake :D

Yeah I am in the same boat of leaving here on Fri. so I would have to make something that won't spoil or buy something on the way to bring. I had been thinking brownies or more cookies but didn't know what people wanted.

I too vote for that.

Missy and I (knock on wood) should be there to help set up. What time are we going to be there?

I can hardly wait. I've got some work to do tomorrow. Yeah.

Jessica

We might be able to help with set up on Friday too but it all depends on what time we get into York. I want to leave early but that's never a sure thing.

Won't be able to help set up. :( We don't get to leave from the Pissburgh area until at least 6 that night and it's a 5+ hr. drive, counting potty stops for the dog. I am making tomato basil hummus tonight, though, and will stop at a Giant to grab pitas on the way. Vegetarians, you will be fed! :D

I also will not be making it down friday :(. I'll be working friday, and then looks like I may be meeting a customer. Will be there first thing sat morning, though!

OMG!! So much to do today with so little time. I got to drive to Warrensburgh to meet the inlaws and exchange the kids sometime this morning. I've got cages to clean, new cages to set up for newbies, dusting AGAIN, washing water bottles, pack, make cookies, clean house, watch hell's kitchen, pack chinnie stuff. I'm going to be up all night.

WooHooo I am soo excited. Today will go by fast then tomorrow we are off.

Jessica

hmmm im thinking of just getting some chips or something...is the person bringing bbq bringing buns or can I bring those? What about paper plates or cups?

Hey, never thought about someone bringing buns. That would be great if you can bring buns. Im sure there will be paper plates and cups. If not we have them in the RV I can bring in.

Back