MCBA York Show 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Borrowed a co-worker's cooler so I can bring pasta salad and keep it cold. Also finished up my donation for the raffle last night! Really looking forward to the show!

If we need drinks we can stop and pick some up on our way - it's a long trip so it is really hard for me to bring food of any sort (especially when traveling with the hubby who would be tempted to eat it on the way!). Let me know. :)

I'm super excited. It's going to be fun. I am bringing pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and they are sooooo delicious.

If anyone needs anything else for lunch let me know. I can always pick up rolls, drinks, paper products.

I have tons and tons and tons of plastic ware if we need that. Hint hint-I want to get rid of it.

Are we able to set up the night before?

I cannot wait to try your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! they sound awesome!

I still don't know what I am bringing :(

Everyone got there around 7pm last year, so I would say around the same time this year!

Cool. Missi and I will be there around that time then.

Wait till you try the cookies Megan. I made 5 dozen on Thursday-by Sunday they were gone and that was between 2 adults and 2 toddlers. They are very very moist. They are my favorites.

I am soo excited for this show. It is going to be so much fun meeting new people.

Planning: BBQ pork sandwiches. Any vegetarians/vegans among the bunch? I have a kick butt Humus recipe too.

Also bringing small bundles of grape and pear twigs for the fur children. 10-12 twigs/bunch for $1.00. Look for the redhead with the Easter basket. :)

*raises hand* I'm a vegetarian but I'm not very picky and always more than happy to survive off of the dessert table, LOL

Any vegetarians/vegans among the bunch? I have a kick butt Humus recipe too.
:)

Do you do cheese, Cory? I was planning a veggie dish, though with feta but I can leave that out, as I think Kate is also vegetarian.

I'm pretty sure Gloria Mills will be doing BBQ pork, she has the last couple years. Doesn't hurt to have more, though!

Honestly I'm not sure what to bring (food wise)
Anyone have any suggestions what I can bring that is kept at room temperture? Maybe something that will go with lunch.

Don't want to step on any toes with the foodage, and since my MiL that's coming with us is very vegetarian friendly, I think I'll do the humus. It'll be easier to bring with us on the 5 hr. drive Friday night too. :)

Mystic: a veggie tray + a dip or two are never a bad choice for a big dinner. Though, considering where we'll be, I'd fully support crab cakes too. :D (Best part of dating a Yorker is all the seafood we eat when we visit!)

Not stepping on any toes! It's just the chapter (via Gloria Mills) does provide the entree, which for the last two years at least has been pulled pork. Although last year someone brought meatballs as well that were fabo!

What kind of hummus by the by? Plain, garlic? Roasted red pepper? =)~

Back