Cage Pictures

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love these threads--always great for inspiration! I'm planning a complete remodel soon, so I'll get some pics up as soon as I get everything pulled together. I've been jotting down ideas as I analyze everyone else pictures, so it'll be interesting to see what I come up with!

Critter Nation Pictures!

Here are pictures of my critter nation that I just bought and set up for my chins.:wave5:

Attachments

• 369730196_1275060920_0.jpg
    369730196_1275060920_0.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 3,267
  • 369730196_1275060922_0.jpeg
    369730196_1275060922_0.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 3,239
  • 369730196_1275060926_0.jpg
    369730196_1275060926_0.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 3,297
  • 369730196_1275060930_0.jpg
    369730196_1275060930_0.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 3,237
Here's Cheeko & Gideon's cage
DSC00523.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

Bottom
DSC00522.jpg

Here's Frick & Frack and Remi's cage
DSC00526.jpg

cont'd....

WOW!!!! WOW! There are some amazing cages in this thread. Such inspiration for when I either build or purchase a new cage for my girls. There are many spoiled chins in here!

Carol~Anne - that cage you built is incredible. I love the steps going up from the bottom!

Very nice cages everyone, I need to buy more stuff for my cage. I recently made some changes to my cage and what do you think of the placement of the hammock and ledges?

IMAGE_278.jpg

IMAGE_277.jpg

IMAGE_276.jpg

IMAGE_275.jpg

To MyFuzzies: what type of cage is that? It looks really nice.

The wooden cage I built myself...the other cage is a Marshall Ferret Penthouse and it's really a HUGE cage!! I haven't had any problems with it as of yet. The only complaint I have is that it has a slide-out plastic pan. I was going to order a metal pan, but the boys do not chew on it at all, so I figured I'd hold off on that. Here's a link

http://www.ferret.com/item/marshall-ferret-penthouse-41l-x-255w-x-57h/

What a great setup! The stairs are very innovated. I like the railing on the top shelf to protect the chins.

I'm starting to plan how I'll rearrange my girls' cage. This thread is absolutely great for ideas! Thanks to all you put pics in. When I'm done, I'll try to get a pic up here.

Photo_021309_002.gif

This is Spike and Honeys cage.. One is a dark standard male, the other is a beige male w/red eyes.
I need a better picture.. this is of my Marshall Mansion. I have things like a ceramic chinchilla bath/aka Spikes hidey house, a wood house, tons of ledges, some are dyed, a wheel bought from fortunate chins, tons of toys, mostly made from apple wood purchased off ebay from a guy in virginia who cuts it especially for chins and smoking. I also have a coconut hay holder and another self made hay holder, an edstroms water buddy, a couple of food bowls, one ceramic, one attachable metal cup. I have a chewb, a hammock etc etc. There's also some wood panels (KD Pine) on three sides to keep the bedding in. (this works wonders) I've kept the original shallow hard plastic bottom, they don't chew on it and cant really get to it now anyway.

Last edited:
What mine looks like as of right now...more toys/shelves/etc to come.

P2260105.jpg

P2260104.jpg

P2260102.jpg

P2260100.jpg

I'll add in my other cage that I'm using as well. It used to be an ad-on to the bigger cage and was connected by way of a hole with a tube in it but I've since closed off the connector b/c the quad has been separated into pairs now.

I've made some modifications to the smaller cage such taking out the large hidey house from the centre shelf and made a smaller house on the top shelf. This gives them more room to hop about.

I've also added a few more shelves and they just love running up and down that ramp I've put in.

The plan is to replace this cage with one that is the same width, so it fits in that space but I want it to be six feet tall. I know this is quite high but I plan on putting a whole middle floor in so each section is only three feet high but they will be able to access both top and bottom by way of a small opening.

I can't wait to get started on the new cage and I'm going to somehow incorporate a nice big dried hazelnut branch for climbing on.

022-1.jpg

Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum awaiting their nightly oats.
013.jpg

Gus finally moved into his new home! He spent all of the evening bouncing around. I think he approves.

Molly, was that built in a bar? Very cool! Only suggestion is to move the water bottle the outside. He might destroy is, and they are discontinuing those bottles.

It's built into the space, but we'll take the home with us if we ever move. We never used the bar area and I wanted to take advantage of the free area. Yeah, I know about the bottles...I'm nervous, but he's not a chewer, so I'm gonna watch it and see how it goes. The original plan was to put it on the outside (that's part of the reason I built it out from the bar area) but it didn't work out because the bottle's spout is too short to go through the wood...anybody know how I could find a longer spout?

Carol Ann- Your cage! I am LUSTING after it! I adopted my two chins last August and they came with a pretty great set up (converted wooden wardrobe), but it isn't "good" enough for me! My husband and my father are in talks to build something new and my hubby loved your design. I must ask what is lining the inside of the bigger cage? Is it the wood? Because it looks white and very easy to clean. That is the only problem with the wood wardrobe is cleaning the insides proves to be difficult...

Back