2010 MCBA Michigan Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes me about 6.5 hrs to get to the MI show from Buffalo, NY

Thanks Paul. I am trying to figure out 1.) how long the trip would be and 2.) if I can afford to take the time off of work for this show. :)

I can't wait for this show! I am bringing mostly my own kits (most of the kits will be for sale) and a few young adults (not for sale) ;) I think I will be bringing around 10 chins!

And hint hint, I might be looking for a giant, dark standard female (or two) if anyone is bringing any!

If you don't have a chinchilla that is bred for showing, can you still enter them? I'm new to this and recently purchased a gorgeous mosaic female and i'd like to get her into it, not neccesarily to win, but for an experience =)

Any chin can be shown, no matter what their breeding is. Lots of pet folk enjoy showing their chins just for the fun of going through the whole show process.

Heck! I may try it for fun! My boyfriend lives in East Lansing (He's a PhD student). *schemes*

The drive from buffalo ain't bad, just be sure you avoid detroit and go via the Sarnia border crossing-you'll save loads of time there!

I'm planning on attending this show, and it will be my first so i'm a little bit inexperienced. =)
I read somewhere about renting a table for $20 if you want to sell items?
Do you have to register for a table beforehand or can I just rent it on the day of the show?
Also is the table rental for all day? Is it worth it to rent a table?
If I do need to register for the table before the day of the show, can someone tell me how to do that? Thanks =)

(And are you allowed to sell live animals?)

If you want to rent a table, just let me know.
By live animals, are you talking about chinchillas?

Whether or not it will be worth it to rent a table is hard to say, especially since I don't know what you will be selling! Yes, it would be for the whole day, until the show is over.

I'm almost 100% posotive i'll be renting a table. I've got lots of chinnie supplies to sell (hammocks, hanging cozies, etc.) and a pile of hedgie sacks.

And i'm not actually going to sell any live animals, i was just wondering if people did that. haha.

There is a block of rooms at $79 per night set aside, be sure to let them know you are with MCBA. The phone number is 517-627-3211. They have a large pool and hot tub along with a big gaming area so bring the family along and make a weekend of it. Hope to see lots of people and animals again this year.

Is there a deadline for this special price?

I may be coming - I can't decide if my younger babies will be ready to show or if they should grow out another month...it will also depend if I sell everyone I want to sell at NC show...

Boo, I can't afford to make it out to this one, I was really hoping I'd be able to. :(

Enjoy yourselves when the time comes guys! I'm itching to go to a show.

Latest posts

Back