X-Rays...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EveningChin

I'm sorry if you clicked here expecting to see x-rays. And if this is in the wrong section, I am also sorry please move it.

Does anyone have x-rays of their chinchillas? Especially of Malo or other medical issues. I'd like to use them for info on my website.

Thank you ahead of time for all your help.

I have several of Kokomo throughout his recovery from a broken leg... a few are posted here and here, and I have some other views as well. They're cropped/edited to highlight the affected areas, but feel free to PM me for the originals.

Those are perfect!! Thank you so much. Those will be really helpful for my site and what a great x-ray of the chinchilla skeleton. Poor kokomo that break looked dreadful, I'm glad he healed up so nicely.

Here's a couple of my Chinchilla, Leroy.

I had his roots checked - they are fine. one x-ray shows some roots close to the eye socket - but the vet belives it to be the shadow from the other side.

So you could use them as 'healthy' x-rays if you want.

If you do want to use them, please credit to Julia Tromans. Thank you.

P3160021.jpg

P3160022.jpg

Leroy is 2 years, 4 month old black velvet male. :)

Thank you so much! Those look great and I will use them. All pictures on my site will be credited and I will let you know when it is up.

Also, how much does it cost to get x-rays?

I have a couple of full body x-rays that you are welcome to use. The first shows that the chinchilla has malocclusion but that the roots are not growing into the eye sockets. You can clearly see the spurs on the molars, specifically the first ones. My chinchilla also had really "wavy" molars which is less apparent.

Coco_Feb_10_2009_I0001_1.jpg

The next one shows a different full body view. Normal GI tract is probably the most useful piece of information from it.

Coco_Feb_10_2009_I0001_2.jpg

I wish I had mine - I had some of my one chin similar to the one above (GI tract) and one of the pelvis region. I've moved twice since and can't find them.

It varies vet to vet. I think when one of my chins had to get x-rays it was around $150-$200.

Good to know, Thank you!

I have a couple of full body x-rays that you are welcome to use.

These are great too! Thank you!

I wish I had mine - I had some of my one chin similar to the one above (GI tract) and one of the pelvis region. I've moved twice since and can't find them.

I'm sorry to hear that. They seem so helpful and nice to have on hand.

My Xrays cost £41 so about $60 according to Google's converter. My vets are pretty cheap as Chin vets go though.

He's had more today - so I may have other ones too.

Thats so good to know that they are not all so expencive. I've had chinchillas for a coupple of years now and never once ((knock on wood)) needed a vet for anything. But seeing as Petra recently past that three year make when Malo starts to show I was thinking of getting her x-rayed just cause. And with the new girl in I may as well take her into too. Extra med record can never go poorly.

My site is inching ever closer to that presentable stage and I still don't have any pictures of X-rays showing malo. If you have some and would like to share I would be very apreciated.

Those are Great Xrays. Thanks for sharing the ones I have from a vet book were not even that clear.

If my vet hasn't tossed my records for Nibbler, I could get some x-rays for you showing bloat. Just PM me and let me know.

Latest posts

Back