Wellness Core Food?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophia

I'm interested in your opinions of feeding Wellness Core Protein Focused Nutrition dry cat food. I usually feed Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's soul, but the pet store close to me doesn't carry it anymore. What really struck me about this particular food is that it has 50% min crude protein. None of the other brands that I looked at come close to it. My big concern with it is the 18% min crude fat though. Is it worth it to have a higher fat content so she can have a higher protein content?

I am not a hedgie person, but I feed my dog wellness. And Wellness Core even has a weight loss variety which may have less fat. Just something to consider.

I honestly think the protein is too high for a hedgie (but very good for an active cat). I try to usually stick to 13-15% fat and 28-30% protein. I feed my hedgies a mix of halo chicken, halo turkey, halo salmon, nat balance weight management, and merrick b.g. chicken. if you are looking for a grain free cat food with lower protein merricks b.g. i think has around 34-36% or so which isnt bad. :)

That protein level is way to high and can cause renal failure. The protein level should be no more than around 35% for a hedgehog.

Back