Weird poop?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

searchand_dstry

I noticed last night in Baxter & Smush's cage that there is some strange looking poop on the shelves. It's not diarrhea or poops that look like one of them could be constipated or anything like that, so I figured I'd sweep them all down to the cage floor and see what it looked like tonight.

Of course, same poops. They are lighter brown in color than normal.. Like, instead of the dark brown they usually are, they are the color of cooked hamburger. That's the best color comparison I can come up with. They are also bigger. A little bit longer than normal, but very fat. I'd compare it to the size of adult rat poo.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Anyone see this before?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there were no changes in food or environment. Both of them are acting completely normal and eating drinking/normal. The only thing that did change was last week when I switched from the orchard grass I was using to timothy hay (both oxbow). they weren't really interested in the orchard grass anymore so I got them timothy hay.

Last edited:
Back