Wedding Present Suggestions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sovay

A good friend of mine recently got married and I still haven't gotten her a wedding present. I'm TERRIBLE at this kind of stuff. Usually I just write a check and call it a day, but her and her new husband have plenty of money, just bought a new house, and well, it's no impersonal I just don't feel right. I want to give a good, thoughtful present, but I'm having trouble being creative.

I was thinking maybe decorate a picture frame for wedding photos or something, but I'm not sure what I could do. They are both just getting interested in farming and homesteading and moved from the city to a huge acreage lot full of wooded areas and pasture to explore.

Anyone have any ideas for a good present?

"huge acreage lot full of wooded areas and pasture to explore"

I'd go with some kind of country-themed gift....like his-n-hers gumboots and raincoats (!), or books on creating herb and vege gardens (and maybe a dessicator for drying their own herbs). Maybe books on identifying local plants and their uses. Jam making kits? Organic growing?

Or perhaps house-type gifts, like country-style bed linen or crockery (think roses and wildflowers), pretty patchwork quilts and/or cushions, or something smaller if you prefer, like wind-chimes, or a pretty vase to hold all of the lovely flowers they will someday grow in their new garden :)

Or even a telescope and stargazing guide book, if they're into that kind of thing....it is quite amazing to study the sky from a vantage point in the countryside as opposed to the city, what with light pollution and all.

Happy hunting!

Latest posts

Back