Teeth problems

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kakia

Hi there,

I have a chin who upon inspection today saw that his two top teeth are uneven. One of them is also white. The bottom teeth are both yellow and even however on of them has a dark line going vertically down it.

I am making an appointment right away with the vet but I am really scared this could mean maloclusion. I've already read he might have a calcium or vitamin c deficiency.

Anybody know about the uneven teeth?

There could be a number of things wrong to cause uneven teeth. He could have a tooth spur or an abcess or any number of things that could cause uneven teeth. The dark line could be a split tooth which could cause the chin to chew unevenly.

Try to be patient and not worry.

Even though you are observing the unevenness on the front teeth, be sure to get dental x-rays while you are there to be sure there aren't problems with the back teeth as well. It may be as simple as the vet trimming those front teeth to make them even if there aren't any root issues. Stay hopeful. One of my chins just dental surgery to have her back teeth trimmed and she is doing great :).

I'm gonna try and stay calm. I am going to the vet tomorrow morning and will let you know what it is. Fingers crossed for having it be nothing.

Back