Stink Bug?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy555

International Luffa Mogul
Ok, so in looking at pictures of wild chinchillas I found several of Jaime Jimenez’ on the Spanish Wikipedia so I thought I would compare the two pages. And I’ve got to say there is a whole lot of interesting things on the Spanish site, so I thought I’d share:

English page
Spanish page
(translated into English)

[The name "chinchilla" comes either from a Native American tribe of the Andes , the bugs , and would literally mean "little bug", or of "bug", "stinking animals" (no doubt reference to the strong odor it releases when scared). "Chinchilla" could also come from the language Quechua : the thirteenth, which means "silent" and Sinchi, meaning "strong" or "brave", to which is added the diminutive Quechua family. All together, the name means "strong, silent child."]

extra credit: Domestic Chinchilla, Breeding Chinchillas

I just wanted to comment on one of the pictures. The white mosaic in the picture looks exactly like my Pooh Bear. If I didn't know better, I would have thought someone sneaked in here and took a picture of her. She even has the exact same gray marking on her. It's amazing. Her dad was a mosaic but he didn't have the marking on him. And I know she is not a twin because I've had her the since the day she was born.

Back