spent the night "cooking" for my chin......

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barb got him to eat lots more than me!! it was in the way she held his head, i wasnt being forceful and firm enough..........gonna try it on my own, right now he is a little mad and wont even take a piece of cheerio, which has never happened,, so i know he is kinda angry! but she also left me some of the bigger syringes.

just wanted to do a public thanks to barb! you rock. and i think it is amazing that you took the time out of your life to come help me..........so thank you from the bottom of my heart and richie thanks you too!

anything I can do to help a fellow animal person - I am always willing to help. I originally got into breeding chins because I wanted to 'introduce' the world to chins (not too many people owned them then - 1994) and wanted to help people raise them right I had fallen in love with the little buggars Hopefully Richie will until to eat better now

thanks for asking...................well tonight was the first night that i was able to get a good amount of food in him............just under 30 cc's in one feeding. i am hoping to get in a routine and split his feeding into 3 times per day. it is still a struggle and i need to get a better hold on the burrito wrap, I think the towel i am using is too big.
when you came that day and got all that food into him, he was a little skittish at first, but i finally got him out for some playtime and boy did he have a lot more energy than he has recently...........he was like my old boy again. it made me realize the importance of ignoring the little peeps & forcing him to eat.
i made a mix of what you gave me, some critical care and some apple, banana, pear baby food and he seemed to like that a little better.
he has lost some weight, he is currenlty at 615 but is still acting pretty normal.
keep him in your prayers though, he has a long way ahead of him!

Back