somthing dirty on chins fur

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

My chin has something on his fur just on top of his head like someone stroked him with something sticky on there hands and got it on him and I can't seem to get it off, he has plenty of dust baths but its still there is there any other way of cleaning him? Help appreciated :)

Jackie Chin just got himself all dirty and when dust didn't seem to do the trick we used a cat's brush to comb it out. It was only on the tips of his fur on his rear and we used a brush that had never been used on the cats too. I'd just be really careful not to get his ears or eyes.

I only have the one boy, I have 2 girls but in a separate cage away from him anyway. I have a soft bristle brush that I had for my guinea pigs will that work? The dirt bits are on the tips of his fur as well but right between the ears in the middle of his head!

Last edited:
You can take an unscented baby wipe and use that to clean the area. Let it dry and then offer a dust bath. If it is really sticky, you may need to do this more than once.

Latest posts

Back