So, Today...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

NiGHTS-Chan

Carmen was in the cuddliest of moods!

It made me so happy to see that she can be such an angel!
<333

:hedgie3: Hello :^) I see you also have a hedgehog... I wish I could get a picture of mine... also I wish I could get her in her playpen... (she is new) I made it for her and its pretty cool :) Can you help me to learn how to pick her up? :hedgie3:

Can you help me to learn how to pick her up?

Place your hands down on either side of your hedgie (left hand on left side of hedgie; right hand on right side of hedgie) with your palms facing up and fingers toward your hedgie; gently wiggle your fingers under your hedgie while spreading your fingers a tiny bit. If you're lucky, she'll stand on your fingers or you end up with a warm hedgie belly in your fingers and little feet poking through (which is also just fine). If she's huffy, you might end up with a quill ball. When that happens, I just cup my right hand, place it along side the quilly ball and use my left-hand fingers to roll little miss prickleball into my awaiting cupped right hand. You could use a scrap of fleece if you're not used to the quills.

Make sure you don't pick up your hedgie too far off the ground until you get used to being pricked or having your fingertips stuck in the prickleyball either! You don't want to drop you baby! But if you do, you don't want her to fall and get hurt!

Latest posts

Back