So I think I'm in love with...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxchincerelyxo

PM for pet portraits <3
The FN cages! I have seen pictures of them on here and was debating on getting one for my chins. I saw one in person yesterday at a pet shop and absolutely love it! The pics on here don't do it's size justice! I wanted to be able to put the boys in one section and the girls in the other, but was worried there wouldn't be enough room for two in each section...

s0o0o0o0o0o0o I'm planning on getting one sometime next month.

Where is the best place to order from, price wise, and is there anything that I would/should know? Does it come with the piece to seperate both spaces or do I have to order that seperately?

Thanks!:hug2:

I've ordered all three of mine from www.ferret.com ...6.99 shipping. You want the 142 model for the 2 levels. It comes with one solid pan and one pan with a cut out, if you want to separate it you will have to buy 2 solid bass pans or you can find something to keep over the hole.

I've ordered all three of mine from www.ferret.com ...6.99 shipping. You want the 142 model for the 2 levels. It comes with one solid pan and one pan with a cut out, if you want to separate it you will have to buy 2 solid bass pans or you can find something to keep over the hole.

Thanks! Can I order a pan from that site too? *don't have to answer-I'm going to go check now*. Also, my chins are all on bedding, not fleece. Are these cages better designed for the fleece or is bedding okay?

If you were going to use bedding I would definitely buy the bass pans. The plastic pans that come with it are very shallow and the bedding would probably be all over the place on your floor.

there's TOTALLY enough room for two chins on each level. In fact, my two girls tend to stay on the top level most of the time, except when they sleep....they sleep on a ledge just under the hole between the two levels. At some point I am going to have a couple boys on the bottom level...perhaps to breed... once I learn enough on here. :read:

If you were going to use bedding I would definitely buy the bass pans. The plastic pans that come with it are very shallow and the bedding would probably be all over the place on your floor.

I couldn't find the bass pans on their site. Do you know where I could order some or buy some store wise?

Well they weren't on the website when I ordered it last year. You have to call the California location directly and tell them you want the Ferret Nation pans. If they don't know what you're talking about, call back later and talk to someone else. They've made enough for the people on here that they should know what it is by now.

I just wanted to add that if you call Bass and ask them about the deeper pans, they are not that much more and will keep more "schtuff" in the cage. I love my FN cages!! Right now I have 2 in each section of cage. I really feel that they have plenty of room, especially if they get out of cage time and have a wheel.
I wish I would have got deeper pans but if you use fleece liners you will be fine with the 2 1/2 in bass pans. If you don't get the pans ordered right away you can put a piece of wood or something over the hole. I used a ceramic tile until I got my bass pans.

I just wanted to add that if you call Bass and ask them about the deeper pans, they are not that much more and will keep more "schtuff" in the cage. I love my FN cages!! Right now I have 2 in each section of cage. I really feel that they have plenty of room, especially if they get out of cage time and have a wheel.
I wish I would have got deeper pans but if you use fleece liners you will be fine with the 2 1/2 in bass pans. If you don't get the pans ordered right away you can put a piece of wood or something over the hole. I used a ceramic tile until I got my bass pans.

Well I haven't tried the fleece yet, but because we don't have an onsite washer and dryer, I think it might just be too much of a hassle for me.

Are you saying I can order the pans with the cage? If so that would be pretty cool :thumbsup:

No you can't order pans with the cage, I meant order the pans from Bass Equipment and ask them to make your pans deeper than the 2 1/2 inches-- If my camera had batteries I would show you my cages-- I only have the 2 1/2 inch pans which IMO is too shallow to use pine or carefresh-- IT IS A HUGE MESS on the floor. I would love to have 4 inch deep pans and Bass Equipment can make them deeper for you if you ask. Recently someone else ordered them from Bass and they said that they only charged them a few dollars more for the extra deep pans. Soooo worth it.
Make sense?

The pans that come with the FN cage are not that great, they are shallower than a cookie sheet. You definitely need to order bass pans if you don't use the fleece.

Latest posts

Back