Ryersons water bottles?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Diva Chins

I ordered 2, they got here yesterday, Bubbles had no interest in it (Other than trying to pull the rubber cork thingy out) so I left her with her old one. The girls, however, are confused by it I do believe. Aiko, I saw sniffing at it on several occasions and grabbing the glass tube with her paws, trying to pull it out. Has anyone ever had any that wouldn't allow water to come out? I'm about to test it in a minute, but I have another question. Has anyone ever had chins VERY confused on how to use it? Did they finally adapt or did you have to switch back? I'm just scared they won't get water out of it or figure out how to use it...I have it set up right and all, heck, I don't know. Most answers would be appreciated. Thanks!

You can try turning the bottle upside down a couple times and that should get the water moving. What kind of water bottle did they have before? How long has the glass ones been in there cage?

I have probably used 400 or more water bottles from Ryerson's and I've never had a single one with a blocked tube. If they are used to a ball and tip, it may take them a little bit to become accustomed to the straight glass tube.

You can try turning the bottle upside down a couple times and that should get the water moving. What kind of water bottle did they have before? How long has the glass ones been in there cage?

It's only been in there since yesterday, they had a super pet chew proof one before. I just checked and water is coming out, maybe I should put a regular one in there until they get used to it?

Ah, alright Peggy, I was just worried they wouldn't...OH! Aiko is using it now. I do believe she's getting water out of it, anyways though, I was just worried they wouldn't figure it out and would dehydrate.

Last edited:
We switched our chins over to the glass tube type and everyone seemed to figure it out without a problem. Ours had been using the kind with the ball at the end. :)

Well as long as you see bubbles when they are trying to drink waters coming out. You need to shake the bottle to get water to the tip than it'll flow when they drink. I own 2 and LOVE them. I don't like the type with the balls in the tube and if I had the $24 i'd order 2 more.

Last edited:
I don't like the type with the balls in the tube and if I had the $24 i'd order 2 more.

Ryerson's bottles are only $2.50 or so. Are you sure you have Ryerson's bottles? $24.00 seems mighty high.

Back