Regaining appetite after surgery?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
parkerspetchins, you were right again. The wetness on the back end was urine. The fleece wasn't absorbing it very fast so it got her a bit wet. I have washed the fleece a few more times and now they absorb it pretty quickly so no more wet bum. I took her back to the vet today to check on her incision site and see how she's healing. It turns out the bald spot on her tail was shaved, it was where the put the doppler thing to read her blood pressure and heart rate during surgery.
I'm still feeding her 3 times a day but we're going to try weaning her off of it. I see her eating on her own. Hopefully as I decrease the amount of CC she will get hungry on her own and start eating more of her pellets. She has quite a bit of weight to regain though. She also gets to have a dust bath soon (finally!) and I'm going to start re-introducing her to her buddy. So things seem to be going well. Thanks for all of your help everyone. :)

Latest posts

Back