Questions about a mouth exam

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittany

Mia Bella Vita
Lily's got an appointment for a mouth exam on Wednesday. They'll be putting her under and filing if necessary, I have a few questions:

1. Approximately how long would a filing take?

2. Approximately how long will it take her to come out of the anesthsia?

3. Will she be drowsy/dizzy at all? Should I re-arrange her cage so she can't climb for a few hours afterwards?

4. Anything else I should expect or questions I should ask the vet?

The filing itself takes around 20 min or so, if the vet is using gas then the chin comes out of it right away, never noticed drowsiness but they are p.oed. The vet may use a ointment for the eyes which looks like crud and the chin may drool alot depending on how agressive the vet is. Don't feed her that morning, CC of LL gets all over the teeth and gums and its hard for the vet to do a good exam with a food crusted mouth. Give her a dust bath ASAP to remove the vet cooties.

The vet may use a ointment for the eyes which looks like crud and the chin may drool alot depending on how agressive the vet is.

Thanks Dawn just two more questions:

what is the purpose of the eye ointment if they use it and if there is drooling does this go away in hours, days, weeks?

The ointment keeps the eyes moist during the procedure since the eyes are open, the drool usually clears up in a day or so.

Latest posts

Back