Possible help?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KujoSutefanii

I was wondering if someone from the Pheonix, Arizona area could check out this pet store called Custom Creatures. My friend went there the other day and was deeply upset from what she saw.

Apparently many cages/aquariums were insane dirty, animals were sick from left and right, and the chinchillas were overheating like mad.

From what I know, the pet store seems to have too many animals than they can handle and now it's deeply affecting the animals' health.

I'm just going to copy/paste what she told me.

****WARNING, CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE****

So I walk in and everything is fine and oh yadda yadda. And I go to visit the chinchilla's first and foremost. Cuz I worry about them. You should have seen it...

The substrate was old and like, that crappy pappery **** you use for like rats, and it was soggy here and there and just poop and they had chewed those stupid plastic igloos down and the wood they gave them were like ****in, two by four splintering wood or this crappy bark they shouldn't have because it splinters so much- I had some for my bearded dragon to climb on and he always got deep splinters in his scales.

And the baby didn't even have a water bottle for it's cage. The female, the pink white, looked so exhausted she was sitting there over her pellets with her eyes closed kinda pawing around looking for better food at the bottom.

And they left these dust dishes in their tanks and the dust was all in their food and everywhere. And they had chewed part of the wire in the back where they stuck the water bottle through.

;3; And the male just kind of, hopped into the dust dish and layed there on his side for a while not moving and I tried to tap the glass lightly to get him up but he wouldn't move for me. They had turned off the lights in their cage, apparently to help with heat but its just, sooo hot in there I was wiping sweat off my neck because it was so warm.

And just above them is like, a hundred baby tortioises in one tiny tank. It's water logged and full of poop and there were so many of them in one area that they just flipped eachocher over and they would get stuck and one was stuck in the water dish with it's head under water trying so hard to get up out of there with others trampling over him.

And this het hyper trans silk back bearded dragon... she was all skin and bones. Her leg looked really bad and thin and her tank was full of poop and dead crickets and her skin was having trouble shedding it was red in spots and just, her eyes were dirty and she couldn't open them very well.

And all of these animals they are overpricing and no one will buy them. Almost every single one of them are ill cared for and their cages are horrible. And Jordan, the owner, tried to keep us away from the worse ones.

My mother decided to show off the dubias we got from a insect breeder a ways down and apparently he was pissed at us for going to someone else for bugs. He doesn't even care for his bugs well. THey live in soggy, disgusting conditions and they smell horrible and look ill.

Like, I don't even want to feed the superworms we got from them to my beardies. I don't want to buy anything from them.

And I looked at their spiders, a lot of them were mis labeled or false. The metallic pink toes are actually just regular ones and they are charging a **** ton for them

**** even the baby mosiac chinchilla they have.. they are selling him for almost 400 dollars.
I am so ****ing upset and hurt and sad for these animals.
And they told me they were going to breed the two chinchillas they had.
I was so close to ****ing crying and going off on them that I just left the store
How could they dare even think of breeding more animals, especially ones they obviously don't know how to take care of in the first place, when they have so many already.

So more or less, I'm hoping maybe someone here could confirm what she saw? I told her to report them for now, which she did but she said the spca in her area are not the best.... but if someone COULD confirm what she saw and more people could report them, maybe they'll actually look into it.

I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here or something. I'm just REALLY worried for these animals... no animal deserves to be treated so badly...

I have. Some reviews were good and some were bad. But honestly I'd feel more comfortable getting a review from people I know are responsible pet owners than reviews from anyone. Because honestly, and unfortunately, some people are not the brightest and don't know how a specific animal should be living. So animal abuse is not always easily recongnized, especially with exotics.

Sorry for any typos, I'm on my phone.

Back