Poop Problems.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christina Noraas

Christina
I'm visiting friends who have a few chins, and are looking for a vet that will look at chins as I'm typing this as I noticed that they had very small very thin very dry poop. Until we ca n find a vet taht will look at them would a mixture of Critical Care and Bene Bac work ? As from what I have been able to observe they are ea ting normally high energy levels eating well UNTIL WE FIND A VET what can we do.

Mazuri can sometimes cause loose or soft poos, if you're going to switch it's not best to do a cold turkey switch. The problems they are having could be feed as Walmart brand is not a good feed. When switching you do this over a month period. Week 1 is 3/4 old food mixed with 1/4 new food. Week 2 and 3 are 1/2 and 1/2 of old and new food. Week 4 is 3/4 new food with 1/4 old food.

Also make sure they are getting plenty of hay

Small dry poop can be constipation. Are these chins at least getting unlimited hay daily? Is the water bottle working?

I don't know how ling I just noticed it today when I got here and I was like that isn't good we need to find out what's wrong NOW and fix it they didn't realize that it was a no no so I gave them this site hoping they'll use it they seem pretty upset they didn't realize that it wasn't good for them sooner so there's hope

The one seems low on weight I don't have a scale here so idk to see how much he weighs but defiantly seems too light could it be from the poor quality pellets and really only getting some loose hay but mostly the little hay cubes?

Latest posts

Back