Paint fumes?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RoniM

I have a painter coming in to paint the interior of whole house. Just wondering if the fumes will effect the hedgies?

He is using latex paint and of course will shuffle the hedgies around so they are not in the room that is being painted. Does anyone know if there are any hazards with paint fumes?

Moving them to a room that isn't being painted is the best idea and make sure the rooms being painted are well ventilated.

Thanks for the info! I will likely move them from upstairs (where they normally reside) to downstairs when the painter switches floors.

It may mask the scent but if there is VOC in the paint, it is still likely to go into the air. I get killer headaches from paint that contains VOC. My understanding is that strong paint smell comes from the VOC. If they are using a good quality paint with zero VOC, the smell will not be that bad. Simply keeping the room to the hedgehogs closed off and opening windows in the painted space worked for us.

Back