one ear red and droopy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bmwerner

tonight i let my chins out to play as usual with nothing different in the playpen. when they quit running around i got in with them and put in a chiller on the floor. they both cooled off and went back to normal but one of the boys' ears is still almost dark red. i have never seen his ear this red and it droops. did he have a stroke? his behavior is completely normal and he seems fine but this worries me still. what do you think it is? btw if no one has an answer by tomorrow morning i am calling his vet.

How warm was it during playtime? How long was he out running around? Are his ears warm to the touch? It does sound to me as if he was too warm.

we had the window open letting in the cold night air. the room is never below 70 degrees even in summer in Texas. He is doing great today but the vet wanted me to monitor him. he could have been wrestling with his son and somehow pressed on his ear too much.

we had the window open letting in the cold night air. the room is never below 70 degrees even in summer in Texas. He is doing great today but the vet wanted me to monitor him. he could have been wrestling with his son and somehow pressed on his ear too much.

I'm not sure if you meant to say "never below 70 degrees", but if you did, temps in the mid 70's and higher is too hot! Also, when they are wrestling, is there any fur flying around?

Back