OfficePro on a Mac

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah

My boyfriend has the disc for Microsoft OfficePro, and I was wanting to install it on my Macbook since it doesn't (obviously) come with Word and Excel and stuff. When I put the disc into my Mac, no kind of installation thing pops up like normally does when a new disc is inserted. I went to the folder that the disc is on and when I clicked on setup, a window popped up saying there isn't a default application to run it and to choose one. HUH? Whatever happened to just popping in a disc and it installing, easy as pie? HELP!

Your boyfriend may have given you the Windows version of MS Office Pro. You'll need to get the Mac version.

I recommend using open office. Free, works with all MS applications, and, well, it's free. Doesn't get much better than that.

Good luck!

OH! I didn't know there was a difference.. DUH. That makes complete sense. I just figured since it was the installation disc, it would work on installing it onto anything. Guess I didn't completely think that one through. Thanks, I will try open office! I've been using Neo Office, but I reaaaally don't care for it too much.

GASP! I looove Neo Office. I found it way faster than MS Word but with almost all the same features. Other than being totally free, another great feature is that Mr. Paper Clip leaves you alone so you can get your typing done in peace :)

I wasn't a big fan of Neo Office either. When they finally got the Mac Version of open office up, I switched. It is very nice, and more similar to MS Office.

Latest posts

Back