Night light?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antbritt

My husband has a saltwater fish tank. They have various moonlights so you can see the nocturnal creatures.

Do any of you have some sort of light that is not to bright to watch your chin?
I am trying tovfigure out away to set something up to watch mine.

I was going to ask a similar question. I wonder how a light would affect their normal behavior if they are 'nocturnal-ish'. Would they think its day light and not be as active? Would it mess up their time clock? Would they even care?:tease:

I've added so far a small LED light that turns on automatically when it senses movement. It doesn't seem to bother them, but doesn't work very well unless they are directly under it.

Here they are sharing a snack from a food dish eating under the light.
picture.php

No camera flash was used, just the small light I placed at the top.
As you can see, its very limiting in the area it illuminates.

I've kept the light on since they're in my room all the time for 5 years now at night and they jump around all night and play in the cage

I have been using a night light in my chin room for years. It makes it nice when I go in there for there treat and before I go to bed.

Since my chins are in the basement it's a bit darker down there in general so I have a couple of night lights throughout the area of where the chins are. Doesn't bother them one bit.

my chins are also in my basement. there is a door to the outside so during the day the light is dim. at night i also have a light sensitive led light that illuminates the room enough for me to trip but not so bright that it is shining right in their eyes. they all also have a place to go (house, hammock or tube) if it gets too bright. i also leave a little radio on for them.....

I have an LED night light that is plugged in near my chins that turns on when it gets dark and stays on until it gets light again. Partly for them, mostly for me because I'm known to wake up dying of thirst in the middle of the night and I'm clumsy.

I fall asleep with my reading lamp on occasionally and it does not seem to bother them. They still wait until I am trying to fall asleep to make a racket.

I have a digital frame, that has a really bright screen; doesn't bother any one. I'll also keep my light on long into the night when I'm working on some essays or projects, they do their regular thing.

I have a small amount of light in the room for Tinkerbell. It has never bothered her. I have the top portion of her cage under a blanket so she has places to retreat to if she wants more darkness or seclusion.

I have a light on a timer in the living room for security reasons, and I leave the TV on for them, too.

If I'm in bed before the light goes off, I hear them jump on the wheel the minute the light switches off. I think that's their cue to come alive.

Back