new hedgehog questions.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guiltyby_design

FuzzButt Lover.
Ive had my new hedgehog (humphrey) for a week and 2 days.
and he hasn't eaten much at all. and drinks only a little. The previous owner didnt tell me what kind of food he ate or anything... so, i am feeding him what i feed chloee. (chicken soup for the cat lovers soul mixed with purnia pro plan) i think ive only had to fill up his food bowl maybe once or twice and his water bowl once. could there be something wrong? or is he still just getting use to things?

also does anyone have any advice on bonding? he is very huffy at times and is VERY fast. he likes to run away. and i didnt have this problem, with chloee. and i want him to like me and im kinda scared he's going to bite me. he just so huffy and poppy.

Well the most I can offer you (as a fellow newbie hedgie owner), is maybe he doesn't like the food? Try some mealworms and see if that whet's his palate. Grab some different cat foods; I'm sure other members here use stuff other than Purina and CSFTCLS.

For bonding, I've been taking Mika out when she usually sleeps, and just sit with her on my lap while she sleeps, petting her and stuff so she gets used to my presence and smell. I'm sure you've had worse pains than a hedgehog bite (they can be BAD, I know!) but if that's what you have to endure to get some time with him, work on the biting later?

I don't know if that's sound advice, but that's what I've done in the past. A lot of times hedgies like to burrow into your elbow area, so maybe let him do that while you hold him. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back